SOCIAL CIRCLE, Ga.-(Ammoland.com)- Hunters and other interested persons are encouraged to attend any of four upcoming public meetings regarding the draft Strategic Management Plan for Wild Turkeys in Georgia.
“About 60,000 hunters pursue wild turkeys each spring in Georgia, with many more that enjoy seeing turkeys and having turkeys on their property,” says Kevin Lowrey, state turkey biologist with the Wildlife Resources Division. “This long term strategic plan will serve as the guiding document for statewide turkey management efforts in our state – but first, we need feedback from our turkey hunters and other interested Georgians.”
All meetings will begin at 7 p.m.
October 4, 2017
- UGA Tifton Campus Conference Center (Room 19, 15 RDC Road, Tifton, GA 31793)
- Pickens County Administrative Offices (Suite 168, 1266 E. Church Street, Jasper, GA 30143)
October 5, 2017
- Monroe County Commissioners’ Building (3rd Floor Conference Room, 38 West Main Street, Forsyth, GA 31029)
- Ogeechee Technical College Conference Center (1 Joseph E. Kennedy Blvd., Statesboro, GA 30458)
Any participant at a meeting may present data, make a statement or comment, or offer a viewpoint or argument, either orally or in writing. Statements should be concise to permit everyone an opportunity to speak. Participants must register upon arrival and notify the registering official of their intent to give a statement.
Those unable to attend a meeting may submit input in one of the following methods (input must be received by Friday, Oct. 20, 2017):
- Statements may be electronically submitted here
- Written statements should be mailed to: GA DNR/Wildlife Resources Division/Game Management Section; Attn: Tina Johannsen; 2067 U.S. Highway 278, S.E.; Social Circle, Georgia 30025
- Call 770-918-6404
These meeting sites are accessible to people with physical disabilities. To request sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aids, contact Tina Johannsen at (770) 918-6404.
For more information, visit their website.