1. Okay, so this is technically a small spoiler.
Admittedly, not a real plot point one, but like, if you haven’t seen Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 then this won’t make any sense to you.
2. But if you HAVE seen the new Guardians film, then you will 110% love this photo that Michael Rooker – aka the weirdly lovable Yondu – just shared:
He included the caption: “She’s Mary Poppins y’all… just kidding… #ImMaryPoppinsYall”
3. If you recall, one of the funniest moments (which is a bold statement, because the movie is pretty much non-stop funny) in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 happens during the big fight finale with Peter Quill’s dad, Ego (Kurt Russell).
4. Peter and Yondu narrowly escape death and ~fly~ back down to there ground…
This is my quick sketch of the scene as best I can remember.
5. …and Yondu happens to be holding his whistle-controlled arrow like an umbrella, which prompts the following conversation:
Peter (giggling): “You look like Mary Poppins.”
Yondu: “Is he cool?”
Peter: “Yeah, he’s SO cool.”
Yondu: “I’M MARY POPPINS, Y’ALL!!!!”
6. And that’s the exact moment everyone fell in love with Yondu.
Can you actually imagine him as Mary Poppins though? Your move, Disney.