1. We can all agree that homecooked Asian food is the best kind of Asian food.
And some of us with immigrant backgrounds have family members who know culinary secrets from the homeland, which are inexplicably greater than anything from a recipe book.
4. Or Sri Lankan sour fish curry — no restaurant dish will ever top the homecooked version of your favorite Asian food.
5. We want to know: What is your family’s most delicious, tried-and-true Asian recipe?
From stews and curries, to noodle and rice dishes, to desserts and baked goods, we want to know ‘em all. Don’t let that authentic knowledge go to waste!
7. If you don’t know one off the top of your head, now is the perfect time to beg your mom, uncle, or whoever for their best recipes — this is for posterity, people.
8. They may tell you they don’t know “recipes,” that they just have “a feel” for cooking, but make them try!
Lest their American-born descendants be left cobbling together a generic impostor dish from the instructions on the back of a label.