1. As you probably already know, this is Donald Trump. He’s the 45th president of the United States.
2. And this is Elle Woods of Legally Blonde, arguably one of the smartest people to ever graduate from Harvard Law School.
3. On Monday night’s Tonight Show, the worlds of these two collided when host Jimmy Fallon edited clips of President Trump giving a speech that seemed quite similar to that of our beloved fictional character Ms. Woods.
Tonight: Trump plagiarized his commencement speech from Elle Woods in Legally Blonde
— Fallon Tonight (@FallonTonight)
On Saturday, the president delivered a commencement speech to the graduating class at Liberty University, which is where Fallon got the footage for his video.
4. There were a few things Trump said in his speech that sounded just like Elle’s, like this line:
6. Even right down to the word “passion.”
7. Perhaps the president was inspired by how eloquent Elle’s words were.
10. Online reaction to the footage was rife with plenty of expressive GIFs.
@FallonTonight #ElleWoods rules. Always.
— Andy Glass (@imandyglass)
11. “Jimmy Fallon nailed that,” another user tweeted.
@FallonTonight Oh-ho. Myy. God. Haha. Jimmy Fallon nailed that.
— Haley Gresham (@Halestorm210)
12. “Genius,” another called it.
@FallonTonight @jimmyfallon Whoever made this is a Genius!!! 😂
— celia♣️ (@CeliaWilB)