1. Last night, Derek Jeter’s #2 was officially retired by the New York Yankees. The ceremony was lovely of course — Jeter was surrounded by family, former teammates, and naturally, a shitload of fans.
Rich Schultz / Getty Images
3. Not just from last night, but from like, the ’90s.
Ted Mathias / AFP / Getty Images
6. I’ve been looking for an excuse to share this picture from the year 2000 in particular, because my GOD it’s iconic.
Ezra Shaw / Getty Images
7. Of course there are lots of iconic shots on the field, too.
Elsa / Getty Images
11. But I’m sorry, back to the camcorder for a sec because wow.
Chris Hondros / Getty Images
13. I mean, with that face Derek could get away with wearing just about anything.
Nick Laham / Getty Images