- 1. What is this buff guy setting up?
- 2. Which workout craze “combined martial arts, boxing, and elements of dance” to create an intense cardio workout?Getty Images
- 3. What is this gentleman using?
- 4. What is this exerciser wearing?
Athletic recovery suit to keep muscles warm after a workout
Wind resistance suit to help sprinters with speed training
Sauna suit to induce sweating
Strength suit that converts fat to muscle
- 5. What’s the title of this book that’s also the name for a kind of exercise?
Cardio horse dance
- 6. This man’s workouts and fitness gear are named after him. What is his name? (Hint: Body by ____.)
- 7. Which $50 fitness product says it can “increase upper body muscle activity by 300 percent compared to regular weights” in just six minutes per day?
- 8. This is a BodyBlade. What does it promise?
“Twice the calories burned in half the time”
“Lean, toned body in the fraction of a time of a traditional workout”
“Ripped abs without the diet”
“Science-backed method for improving muscle activation”
- 9. Which 1991 commercial opened with this pair of legs and featured Herbert L. Gould, MD?
Leg Magic X
Balance Ball 3000
Thigh Toner Plus
- 10. This is Tony Horton. Which high-intensity workout program did he create?
- 11. Which of these describes the insanity workout?
Workouts with lightweight dumbbells, high reps, and as hard as you can go for 1-2 minute blocks with moderate rest
Bodyweight workouts at max effort for 3-5 minutes with very short rest
Bodyweight workouts at moderate effort for 7-10 minutes, with very short rest between circuits
Workouts with resistance bands at max effort for 3-5 minutes with very short rest
- 12. What is this thing?
- 13. The Federal Trade Commission filed deceptive advertising charges against marketers of the Ab Circle, who then had to pay millions in fines and consumer refunds. What did the Ab Circle falsely claim?
Using the device daily for 10 minutes would shrink the waist by 1” every month
Exercising on the device for just three minutes a day would cause them to lose 10 pounds in two weeks
Exercising on the device for three minutes per day burns more calories than a 45-minute cardio workout
Using the device for five minutes a day, along with a sensible diet, would result in weight loss of up to 20 pounds in one month
- 14. Which device can get you results like this while you’re “lying down, watching TV, sitting at the computer, spending time with your family, working, cooking, or simply resting?”
Ice Melt cold therapy fat loss belt
SlimHot heated fat loss torso band
VibroBelt slimming vibrating massager
VibeRite slimming vibrating belt
- 15. Who is this smiley muscular guy and what machine is he using/selling?
Tony Little / Gazelle Glider
Tony Little / NordicTrack
Shaun T. / PowerGlide X
Shaun T. / ElliptiBurn